It has been beautiful lately. Saturday we went up to my mother in laws where the dogs can run free. While they were acting like I keep them inside all day everyday I utilized the lighting.
There is one minor down fall to this spring like January… If you’re from the PNW you know how much snow and rain we need to keep this awesome place green. We’ve had so little of both that we’ve already had TWO wild fires. Do I really need to say it’s only January, again?!
I live the life I lead here. I love the beauty that is around me all the time. To say I’m concerned for this coming summer is an understatement. I’m freaked out. Where are we leading this earth?
I know the north east is experiencing a polar vortex but us on the west coast are experiencing higher than normal temps. I was actually told global warming is fake because it’s snowing/negative degrees in the east…. Wow.
I don’t even know how to end this post after that statement. Please be kind to the beauty around you. I would love for children, and their children, and their children, and their children to able to enjoy this great little planet.
I’ve been starting to research the process to transition from wordpress.com to wordpress.org. I want a little more freedom when it comes to the creativity of my blog. I’ve been trying to really make this space my own and this is the next step in my blog ownership.
I hope you stop by because you enjoy what I have to say but first appearances do make a difference. I want my space to be visually appealing for the both of us.
White Sand Beach, Philippines.
I’m not 100% sure I have anything to really write about today. My mind is moving 1000 miles per hour but here I am with nothing of any importance to write about. Mainly I don’t know where to start. A lot of unexciting things are happening in our land as of late and some of it is eating at me.
1. Some recent changes at work. I’m not fully ready to except them, but they’ve already happened. So at some point it will sink in.
2. That moment you know you’ve worked really hard for something and then like a flash its gone. Oh the joys of being an adult. Is there always something? Please fellow adults, I need help with this one. There always seems to be something that needs fixed, i.e. money hard earned spent…
3. ADDICTED to American Horror Story. Season 1 & 2 are on Netflix. Yes I’ve watched them so I am now to the point of buying them off Amazon so I can continue watching season 3. Each season has its own story line with new characters (some returning actors from previous seasons) and I am HOOKED. I am not a television reviewer and cannot do it justice, so please click the link to learn about it. Again ADDICTED/HOOKED.
4. Discovered a cute new shop via instagram, Zou Styles. Already placed my first order, dress and clutch in gold. Thanks instagram and all you have introduced me too.
So there is my post about absolutely nothing. Life lately has been pretty basic, meaning working everyday/sleeping when not working everyday. Also please remember this space is mine. No judgements welcome, unless you have some advice I could use to make this space visually appealing… Also this “button” everyones says you need, how the H do I make that?! This girl has tried and I’m getting no where.
Happy Saturday! If you need me I’ll be wasting my Saturday watching American Horror Story when I should be studying….. And yes, the picture has nothing to do with this post, but I recently read every post needs a picture. Who makes up these rules? Where do I pick up my blogging handbook?
As this year has been quick with its presence. Hello mid January! I’ve been focusing on a few small goals based on some changes from the previous year.
1. I’ve been in the closet clean out mode the last two weekends. I’m sick with myself on how many items I’m getting rid of with the tag attached. A lot Target, Forever 21, and H&M items. When I worked retail I only bought quality items. I made sure if I was willing to spend the money it was something timeless (hi Chanel sunnies I’ve had 10 years). Because of this I’m going back to my routes and choosing quality over quantity.
2. Friendships. The last year was a roller coaster ride when it came to my friendships. I’ve learned a lot and have spent the last 5 or 6 months only focusing on the friendships I know are quality ones. My heart has never been happier since I’ve started doing this and I can’t wait to see how these friendships grow as I nurture them.
Ok so only these two goals but they’re mine. I want to continue being happy and these two goals are just the start.