I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by my Cara Box partner ((and friend)) Megan of Grad Student Needs Hobby. Well she nominated me over a week ago…. I was previously nominated but totally dropped the ball.
The rules are pretty simple. Simply answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominating blog. Nominated 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less. Then create 11 questions for them to answer. I unfortunately do not have a lot of time to actually read blogs. I follow many on bloglovin and usually browse the titles all day ((in between phone calls)). I mark “read” and “liked” so my presence is known even if I wasn’t able to actually read the post. I feel like I’m missing out on the whole blogger community.
So here are my 11 questions and answers. I hope you enjoy them!
1. What are you reading? I am currently reading The Time Travelers Wife. I loved the movie but never got around to reading the book. My sweet cousin Nicole through me an amazing desert night before my wedding, For gifts she requested everyone just bring me a copy of their favorite love story. This was her gift to me and I love love love it.
2. Finish the sentence: Every day, I… Question if I am reaching my potential. I am planning on addressing this more in a later post, but its weird to think about. Am I truly reaching my potential if I am not working in the field I went to school for?
3. Other than blogging, how do you express your creativity? I love sketching and painting. Since L and I moved in together I’ve lost a bit of that passion. My goal is to set up a special art space in our new place. I really want to tap back into that. I will most likely never share any of my work here but things/people change…
4. What do you enjoy most about the holiday season? EVERYTHING! I truly feel like people tend to be more caring and giving this time of year. I literally imagine the scene from the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, every one holding hands singing around the Christmas tree. Plus a peppermint mocha never hurts.
5. How did you decide on your blog title? Well, Melissa means Honey Bee and everyone in my life likes to tell me how sweet I am. Badda Bing Badda Boom blog title. I have a feeling it may change as this space evolves and as I evolve. But for now it works for me and this space.
6. What’s one personal goal you’d like to set for the new year? I would like to become better at saving. L is an amazing saver. I would like to focus more on my own long term goals and remember those when I go to by that fabulous dress ((or on a target run)). Becoming better at this will also help me simplify my life and declutter.
7. Where do you most like to shop? I feel like this is being asked only because Megan secretly knew what my above response was going to be… Um hello Target and Anthropologie. I just can’t stop. Target is my one stop shop and Anthro is my styke to a T. Even our kitchen has items from Anthro. My pocket book thinks otherwise. I cannot leave Target without spending $100 and thats the price of a top at Anthro. Someone help me!
8. What’s your favorite month? I would say my favorite month is November. Its the perfect in between month. Fall is closing but winter isn’t here yet. The fall colors are here, but the mornings are absolutely frozen.
9. Link us to something that recently made you laugh. Hmmm…. I honestly had to think about this one. I was looking through old pictures and it made me laugh to see how we have changed… Look at the epic selfie I took when I got my new MacBook ((this was 4 years ago)). Oh to be 23 again.
10. What is one thing you keep meaning to do but always wind up putting off? Actually a whole lot. I let myself get easily frustrated and honestly give up. I’m a work in progress, what can I say. Plus I do have this great business venture that I have been thinking about doing… Just haven’t taken the plunge. Stay tuned.
11. What was the most memorable lesson/assignment you ever had in school? My favorite assignment was in my design class. We were told to go out and find something that inspired us that isn’t your typical inspirational piece. Seeing what my classmates designed from everyday buildings, shrubs, cars, and even a gutter was so inspirational. It reminded me to really look around me and at the world. You’ll be surprised by what you see if you really take it in…
Well I hope you enjoyed my answer’s to Megan’s questions. I am planning a second part to this where I tag 11 other bloggers and give them questions. This girl is off to fold laundry then to bed.