Today we splurged and took ourselves to the Oregon State Fair. We don’t go for the rides, we just enjoy the people watching/walking around. The fair has those special treats that we only get to enjoy once a year so we decided it was also our cheat day. L has to have a hand dipped corn dog while I won’t leave until I get a huge bag of pink cotton candy. We enjoyed ourselves and have had our fill of the fair until next year.
I recently took part of a great program called Cara Box Exchange. This is a fantastic way to get to know other woman whether or not you blog. Kaitlyn over at Wifessionals started this in hopes that we would reach out to each other and encourage each other.
This month I was paired with two great gals, Heather and Audrey. I feel very fortunate with my partners this month. I really enjoy getting to know people and I really feel I connected with these two. I sent my box to Heather and received a box from Audrey. Can I just say how she completely nailed it with my box! It was me to a T. Thank you again Audrey and Heather. I will be responding to both of your e-mails shortly.
1. Cotton candy because lets be real, its in my blog title.
2. A paleo recipe book with LOTS of yummy deserts! I cannot wait to try out some of these.
3. I love reading and coffee. So of course a coffee mug with quotes from some of the greatest literature out there. So yesterday to use this tomorrow morning.
4. I’m scattered brained so she included a little book so I can keep my thoughts/to-do list organized.
5. Nail polish. I love a fresh mani but too cheap to get it done every week. LOVE this.
6. A necklace. Because I’m always wearing them. They’re my thing instead of earrings.
6. Last but not least mustache earrings. I’m on the mustache bandwagon and freaking heart these. Super excited to get a picturing wearing these with my mustache prop.
There is something magical about relaxing on a Saturday listening to Billie Holiday. I don’t know exactly how or why she has always been my calm go to music. Especially on these almost fall-ish mornings. The weather is grey and cloudy. Still comfortable enough to enjoy your coffee on the deck. Everything just moves slower and is calm. Even the dogs move just a bit slower on Saturday.
The last few days my mind as been racing. Yes about the everyday worries I’m sure everyone has. But mine is more about the what could have been. Its been exactly a year now since my life changed. Knowing that day happened and I’m still here makes me want to try even harder to be the best person I can be. Not everyone is as fortunate but I was still changed.
I was recently asked why I keep holding on to something I couldn’t control. The only response I have is this, I can control my reactions to the uncontrollable. I feel we should learn from tough times. I’m choosing to use mine as a wake up call. I don’t just wake up, go to work, come home, and repeat everyday. I want to know I tried to make a difference in someone’s life. Even if it is a small thing as simple as smiling at the homeless man or offering him a cup of coffee.
I remember being annoyed that day because I had to drive with the AC in on since it was so hot. Annoyed I was going to be wasting gas and sitting in traffic after a long day. I remember texting L right before getting in the car that I was having a rough day. Its amazing how things can be put into perspective.
So I guess if you take anything away from here, try to remember not to take the little things for granted. You never know what could happen around the next corner.
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about transferring over to blogger. I mainly blog because I like to play around with blog designs and write my thoughts. I didn’t do any research before starting this WordPress blog but now I feel like I should have.
I did post something on blogger and seemed great. But I lost interest because I would need to rewrite everything. About, our story, all of it.
I want this space to reflect me and who I am. Just trying to find the best way is hard.
If you want to be a truly honest blogger it means putting yourself out there for all to read. So WordPress or blogger?
Lately I’ve been lacking in the inspiration department. Yes we’ve been busy living and I’ve chosen to focus on the now instead of epic pictures to post.
While living this said life ((come fall we’ll be back to normal)) I’ve realized of few things.
1. I’m a complete scatter brain. I’ve always been the typical blonde straight out of a blonde joke. But lately I’ve felt even more scattered brained. Sorry husband.
2. I love my fur babies but real baby might be cool…. Am I the only one who instantly got baby brain as soon as the marriage licensed was signed?
3. I don’t feel like an adult. Not at all.
4. Do we buy the new car or keep waiting…? ((I’ve never had a car payment before))
Well a few are questions but these are the top 4 items as of late.
I honestly feel like this has been the summer of love. Not only because L and I tied the knot but so is everyone else! Plus a lot of other loving events.
We’ve spent every weekend surrounded by amazing family and friends. Because of these people I am who I am. L is who he is.
I mean just look at all the smiles alone from last Sunday!
Its that time again! I’m so excited to be taking part of the Cara Box for my second time. I skipped last month because things were hectic around here but I’m excited to be back. I’m also hoping to meet more fabulous ladies.